How it Works
Use the '+' symbol on star profiles to add to your shortlist
Enter some basic details to contact stars.
Stars review your request and respond to your requirements.
Only pay when you book a star.
- Extreme Sports
- Keynote Speaker
From car bombings to meeting Yasser Arafat and making it to the summit of Mount Everest, Mark ‘Squiz’ Squirrell OAM has experienced more than many can dream about!
- Green Beret Commando
- Mount Everest Summiteer
- Awarded the Order of Australia Medal for services to the International Community
- Served as an officer with the Australian Special Forces
- Worked across the globe for NGO's and the United Nations World Food Programme as a humanitarian aid worker
- Climbed multiple mountains in the Himalayas, including a successful climb on Mount Everest in 2006
- Author - From Arafat to Everest
MARK SPECIALISES IN
- Squiz takes the audience on a journey to explore what it takes to become a member of the Australian Special Forces, work across the globe for the United Nations as an aid worker and summit Mt Everest
- The presentation is interactive with the audience embroiled in the time-critical and potentially life-threatening decision points in environments such as Somalia, the Gaza Strip and Mount Everest.
- Sessions are tailored to ensure client objectives are aligned with the key messages.
Team Building Activities
- Sessions can range from workshops inside a conference room to outdoor challenges. Every activity is designed to suit the audience size, budget and objectives.
- The activities may involve life-like simulations to stress teams, the use of Virtual Reality equipment to recreate scenarios such as a hostile situation that Squiz faced in the Gaza Strip or Leadership/Team Workshops.
- Are you up for the challenge? It will be a day, or two, or three, that you won't forget!
AN INSIGHT INTO MARK'S STORY:
When Mark headed to the East Timor Crisis in 1999 he was setting out on the adventure of a lifetime. It was a journey that would see him navigate some of the globes most brutal war zones to deliver emergency aid and conquer the world’s tallest mountain. Mark Squirrell, aka Squiz, was awarded the coveted “Green Beret” whilst serving with the Australian Commando’s. His tenure with the military provided him with the skills and courage to succeed in adversity and turmoil. It was the perfect grounding for a career as an International Aid Worker. Squiz escorted food convoys through the Gaza Strip, negotiated with the Liberation Tigers of Tamel Eelam (Tamil Tigers) and brokered deals with Somali Clansmen to ensure the safe delivery of United Nations food aid. In doing so, he has mastered the challenges of performing under pressure, communicating effectively and building relationships.
Squiz uses anecdotes and presents real-time scenarios that demand lateral thinking to deliver relevant and practical tips for those working in today’s complex and fluid global market. In addition to this, Squiz has taken the concept of being motivated at work to an all-new high. He was inspired by his organisation, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), and the impoverished people that it feeds, to climb to the top of the world and help raise awareness of the global hunger crisis. After a gruelling six week ordeal, Squiz raised the WFP flag on the summit of Mount Everest.
Squiz’s book, “From Arafat to Everest” has had a second edition released. As an addition to the keynotes he provides, clients can have a take-home book to gain further insights into the life of an extraordinary man.
See Squiz in action below!
My Specialist Topics
These are subjects which I have a personal interest in.