How it Works
Use the '+' symbol on star profiles to add to your shortlist
Enter some basic details to contact stars.
Stars review your request and respond to your requirements.
Only pay when you book a star.
- Martial Arts
- Combat Sports
- Commonwealth Games
- Sporting Events
- Freestyle Wrestling
Shantelle is a proud Barkindji/Ngiyampaa and European Woman, proud mother of x5 children including twins. After being diagnosed with crippling postnatal depression, at the age of 33-year-old Barkindji woman Shantelle Thompson took up Brazilian jiu-jitsu to help her heal. After trying to suicide and a life changing moment. She knew that it was up to her to help herself and be the writer of her own story.
Little did she know that a world title and an Olympics wrestling bid would form a part of the healing process. From this beginning Shantelle has gone on to win x3 World Titles in Jiu-Jitsu all in her 30's, made a bid for 2016 Rio Olympics in freestyle wrestling, was selected as an ambassador for the GC2018 Commonwealth Games and made it onto the Australian Wrestling Shadow Team for the GC2018 Games.
All this whilst managing a family of x5, working, earning a double degree in teaching/arts, post-graduate certificate of Indigenous Trauma and Recovery and starting her own business. Shantelle is a strong advocate for equality, human rights and fighting for what is right. She uses her lived, earned and learning life journey experiences to inspire and empower others. Shantelle is a powerful, strong and passionate woman who is open and shares her story willingly to empower others.
Athlete Career Highlights
- 2019 NAIDOC Sportsperson of the year
- 2019 IBJJF Masters Brown Belt World Champion
- 2015, 2016 and 2018 IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu World Champion
- 2016 Oceania Wrestling Champion
- Competing at the 2016 Oceania/Africana Olympic Qualifiers
- 2016 Victorian NAIDOC Sports Person of the Year
- 2x National Wrestling Champion
- GC2018 Commonwealth Games Ambassador
- 10x Jiu Jitsu Pan Pacific Champion
- Kiilalaana Founder - Self-empowerment, Self-leadership and life skills development programs
- Public Speaking, MC
- Delivering programs and speaking in schools, communities and sporting groups
- Works within Youth Justice with young men incarcerated
- Role Model within the community
- Current Partners - Korin Gamadji Institue, AFLVIC, Worawa Aboriginal College, Mallee District Aboriginal Services, MAYSAR and more
- Loves reconnecting to country and going camping
- Big Bang theory
- Reads historical romance novel
- Has a big heart and is known by some as 'Mumma Bear'
Victoria, Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia
My Specialist Topics
These are subjects which I have a personal interest in.
Shantelle Thompson OAM has 6 protected sponsors.