How it Works
Use the '+' symbol on star profiles to add to your shortlist
Enter some basic details to contact stars.
Stars review your request and respond to your requirements.
Only pay when you book a star.
- Extreme Sports
- Red Bull Air Race
Matt Hall is the first and only Australian ever to win the, achieving that feat in 2019 in his eighth and final season in the series.
In an aerial motorsport that demands pilots to fly between pylons at 370 km/h, all while being just 30 feet (nine metres) above the ocean, Hall was a leading contender. With a championship victory, seven race wins and 30 podiums to his name, the Aussie was consistently one of the most revered pilots in the series.
Prior to becoming a race pilot, Hall was a decorated serviceman in the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), eventually retiring at the rank of Wing Commander. He is a third-generation pilot who flew solo in a glider at age 15, got his pilot’s license at 18, and has flown more than 6000 hours in various aircraft.
He was named Fighter Pilot of the Year in 1997, became a Fighter Combat (Top Gun) Instructor and flew in high-pressure combat in the Middle East while on exchange with the US Air Force.
From avoiding self-tracking missiles to negotiating pylons in the visually spectacular Red Bull Air Race, Hall has had an aviation and motorsport career like no other.
- Red Bull Air Race World Champion (2019)
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship runner-up (2015, 2016, 2018)
- Red Bull Air Race World Championship third place (2009)
- 7 race wins
- 25 race podiums
- 30 podiums (including end of season podium finishes)
- Scored points in every single race contested
- Only rookie in air race history to achieve championship podium position (3rd, 2009)
- Record holder for minimum number of races before achieving a podium finishes (3rd in Porto, Portugal in only his fifth race)
- Successfully performed a safe landing in his race plane after hitting the water and skimming across the surface (2010)
- Fighter pilot of the year 1997
- Former fighter combat (Top Gun) instructor
- Former Australian Advanced Aerobatic champion
- Recipient of Australian Bi-Centennial Award from the Honourable Company of Air Pilots for outstanding contribution to aviation
Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, Western Australia, Worldwide