Impress your peers, colleagues or industry partners. Purchase a star to attend your virtual meeting. Q&A Format. Choose from 30 minutes or 60 minutes.
- Sporting Events
- Public Speaker
- Track and Field
Sudanese-Born, Proud Australian Olympian - 800m Runner & Passionate Speaker
Originally born in Sudan, I migrated to Australia as a refugee in year of 2004. I have since called Australia my home and with great pride represented Australian at the 2016 Rio Olympics, IAAF Athletics World Championships in 2017 and 2019. I am the current Australian National Champion over 800m and on track to represent Australia at my second Olympics this year in Tokyo.
Migrating to Australia and a whole new culture has bought many challenges and at the same time opportunities. Sport has always played a major role in my life, throughout school where I used it to communicate with the students whilst learning english, and also learning more about the Australian culture, traveling the country for competitions and having the privilege to represent the country at the highest level of Athletics in only 5 years of picking up track and field.
A well accomplished public speaker talking to corporates and schools, I cover topics including goal setting, overcoming adversity, team work, balance and peak performance. Studies included a Bachelor of Construction Management and economics at Curtin University and whilst passionate about further engineering studies I've decided to focus on Athletics leading to the Tokyo Olympic Games.
my passions outside of the track involve building and construction, public speaking, developing communities and learning about cultures and languages.
• Current Australian Champion 800m
• Australian Olympian Rio Olympic Games
• IAAF World Athletics Championship Representative London 2017
• IAAF World Athletics Championship Representative Doha 2019
• Personal Best of 1:44.56 in the 800m (5th All time Australian)
Off THE FIELD OF SPORT:
On Track Program Mentor - University of Melbourne
A program designed to inspire and support participates to purse territory education, and highlight the benefits of physical exercise.
• Assist participants to learn about university pathways
• Help participants to see the benefits of excelling in both on and off track and field
• One on one mentorship
• Share own personal story with balancing university studies with sports
Active April Ambassador: Current
• Promote registrations for Active April
• Media Launch
• Engage with other ambassadors
• Speaking at schools and run events
AFL Umpiring Ambassador: Current
• Multicultural Umpiring Ambassador for the AFL
• Assist AFL with ‘School Promotion’ events for Multicultural youth
• Engage with leaders from the African community to leverage support in increasing Multicultural umpiring participants
• Identify umpiring participants to join the AFL’s umpiring diversity academies
Simpson Construction CO. Intern Engineer: 1 year (2018-2019)
Gained experience as a student intern at Simpson Construction, a Company offering a broad range of quality civil construction services to government departments and private enterprise. As an intern I had privileged to learn under the professional supervision of project engineers and construction managers on successfully bringing a project to completion. I worked on several projects from the early tender stage right through to estimation of the project cost and start of the project on site.
I also had the opportunity to work on different project on site with the responsibility of assessing and managing safety, assisting the project manager with management duties and supervise subcontractors on site.
Victoria, Western Australia, New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia, Queensland, Tasmania, Worldwide
More Pre-Priced Options
My Specialist Topics
Also Available For
After something a little different? Shortlist me for opportunities such as: